Ravichandran Ashwin, the 29 year old off spinner and all rounder from India gained the top spot in ICC test bowling rankings with his match winning five wicket haul against West Indies in the recently concluded test match at Antigua. This is also his first five wicket haul outside Asia which also fetched him man of the match award in the first match of four test series in India’s tour to West Indies, 2016. His 113 run innings with bat in the same match also strengthened his position as an all rounder in the ICC Test all rounder rankings. Ashwin is at top of the table also in the ICC test all rounder rankings followed by Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh) and Stuart Broad (England).
Ravinda Jadeja is also in the top 10 list of ICC test bowler rankings. He is at 6th position behind Pakistan’s Yasir Shah. Ashwin leads the table followed by James Anderson, Stuart Broad, Dale Steyn, Yasir Shah, Ravindra Jadeja, Trent Boult, Josh Hazlewood, Morne Morkel and Vernon Philander.
Top 10 ICC Test Ranked Bowlers:
- 1. Ravichandran Ashwin (India)
- 2. James Anderson (England)
- 3. Stuart Broad (England)
- 4. Dale Steyn (South Africa)
- 5. Yasir Shah (Pakistan)
- 6. Ravindra Jadeja (India)
- 7. Trent Boult (New Zealand)
- 8. Josh Hazlewood (Australia)
- 9. Morne Morkel (South Africa)
- 10. Vernon Philander (South Africa)